Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Team Substitutions

Ey guys whats up ? Its 11:32PM here in Manila, kung nasa Pilipinas ka Magandang Gabi, but if you're somewhere else Hello na lang hahahaha.

Hindi pa kasi ako makatulog that's why I decided to blog a bit. So ... bakit Team Substitutions and title ng post ko? nde ko rin alam hahaha. Basta just read on and you'll know what I'm pointing out.

I started my career with Sykes last 2002, and yes I've been with the company for 6 years na. In the span of 6 years I've done lots of tasks, been through different posts both lateral and promotions, been with different bosses, followed different processes and procedures. One thing lang ako nde nasanay..... that is Team Substitutions.

What do I mean by team substitutions, actually its the term I just use for attrition hahahaha, kasi I look at it as a substitution eh, kung baga parang sa game. Its like where somebody replaces somebody...

Back in 2002 my first team was the Echo team. Were the fifth batch of our account. I really miss this team, sobrang swak tlaga personality namin, I mean all 16 of us. Upto now actually may communication kami yun nga lang less na pag kikita, well to be honest na stop na eh. It would really be nice to see them again, pero not all are in the company anymore, some nga not even within the Philippines eh. Kakalungkot noh. There's only 3 of us in the company right now, ako, si Park and Joyce but guess what, tig isa pa kami ng site so we don't see each other.

Next team that I got attached with is the IATS Helpdesk Team, eto sobrang cool ng mga tao, technical na marunong pumarty hehehehe. Though hati kami into 2 shifts pero mag nag sama sama ibang klase. Sa team na to is where I stayed the longest so far... through thick and thin tlaga kami nag sama na buong team, its just sad that the account has to end. Some of my co-leagues are still with Sykes, with an another Broadband ISP account, and some are already with another company. Ako lang ang medyo naligaw kasi I moved to Quality Management. I was terribly depressed that time and was technically scared. Maski ako nag apply sa QM, para nde malipat sa Q**st, natakot ako syempre kasi ala akong ka close sa QM, not even a single soul.

Pero I was wrong.... so eto na, my third team QM E**rson. Kala ko at first nde ko ma-eenjoy yung team, pero I was wrong. Ok pla maga tao doon. The team was half external hires then half internal hire. And there were some familiar faces na galing din sa dati kong account. The only difference this time, panay chicks ang kasama ko, hehehehe, well masaya nga eh. Dito yung team na umiyak ako when I was about to leave. Exact naman kasi na my last day with the team is the date for our teambuilding. So it was like a farewell party for me, well and for Kuya Chops. I remember na umiiyak kami lahat sa room habang nag mamagic sing and pumapapak ng liempo at chocolate cake. Ang hirap mag paalam sa mga taong ito. Yaw ko sana umalis, it just happened na I passed sa job na tlagang gusto ko from the moment I entered Sykes.

Now I'm part of IT Helpdesk.... Nung una natakot ako, kasi buo na yung team before I entered, people were almost tenured, maliban sakin. Though Eric and the rest of the sups were accomodating, may point na natakot ako. And another thing na different this time, I am being called "JON" hahahaha, kasi from my first team to QM, I am being called by my nickname eh. Its either they call me Jay, Jay jay, or pati kuya Jay. Pero ok lang JON is good, its still me, nde lang ako sanay. Pero now, I met new great close friends, si Jesley and Oliver. That I can say whatever I would like to say and be the wacky person that I am... Sila yung substitute sa mga mahal ko sa QM. Ang hobbies namin, manlait ng tao syempre hahahaha, joke lang. Pag magkasama kasi kaming tatlo tawa lang kami ng tawa, sobrang madugong tawa. Technically, marami pang ok sa team, too bad na nararamdaman na namin ung team substitutions na kinakatakutan ko. Started out with Chevs last year. Si Chevs was ok, though aminado ako kulang yung time to bond with her. Ang medyo nahirapan ako, is the substitutions na nangyari this year, kasi medyo naka bond na ko with the team eh, pero eto another adjustment. Baket kasi people leave eh hahaha, napaka imature ko eh noh, pero kasi minsan nde maganda timing when bonds are already created. Well I guess just like in a ball game, substitutions are made to have a renewed team, siguro it would be a time to bond with other players kung baga, para balanced. Then Boss Eric, ok pa naman siya na boss, tpos halos sabay JC and Jason, though kulang din bonding time namin ni Jason. Hirap noh. Pero Its one thing that everyone has to adjust on, nde lang naman ako eh the whole team experiences this. Nde naman pwede sama sama forever, maski nga mag asawa nag hihiwalay eh. Hahahaa. Right now ok naman ako eh, yun lang nga a bit shaken by people leaving, just recently si Marvs, then now lilipat na rin tito Ruge. (Well upon posting nito nde pa nya alam), hahahaha. Just hoped that everything turns well for them. At sabi nga ni Charles..... We Will be Missed .... (nyak)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

naiiyak na ko dito, tpos bigla mong siningit mo "we will be missed".. natawa tuloy ako...

Jay said...

Sobrang lungkot kasi pag may umaalis, lalo na pag ka close na... its something na hirap tlaga ako mag adjust.